STORY 1: MY DAD'S STORY

Posted by Chuso And Friends on Monday, July 20, 2015 with No comments

Thompson Williams tells his son, Kiamichi-tet Williams, about his father. Listen and fill in the blanks:


Listen to the audio:




Fill in the blanks

Kiamichi-tet Williams (KW): I actually never met your dad, my grandfather. _________________ ? 

Thompson Williams (TW): He wasn’t the biggest guy but people reacted to him like he was giant. He could swear with the best of them--it sounded like music--but he never used it
____________________. I remember my mom would tell me, "Your dad tried to spank you once and he cried instead." _________________. 

And I remember in grade school
________________, he was mentally retarded. One day, um, there was a bunch of us and we started throwing bottle caps at him. ____________________--it smacked him in the head. I turned around and my dad was standing there. And I thought, Oops__________________. But he looked at me, ________________, and he said, “Maybe I didn’t teach you ________________. That’s my fault.” 

You know, he could’ve stabbed me in the heart and it wouldn’t have hurt as much. I don’t know, maybe that’s why I became a special ed teacher. He
________________  that I hold onto to this day. 

When I was young, I came home one day and I said, "Dad, I was told men don’t cry."
_____________________, “Son, that’s a lie. If you don’t cry, you don’t get rid of that poison that's in your body, that hurt, that pain. That’s the only way you can truly be strong.” 

That
______________________________ that I’ve learned from him. And that’s how I’ll always remember him, the way I’d want to be remembered--___________________.



Để tải audio của bài tập này, các bạn click vào đây.

Để tải bản mềm bài tập này, các bạn click vào đây.
Để tải đáp án của bài tập này, các bạn click vào đây.
Để xem các từ vựng và cấu trúc sử dụng trong bài này, các bạn click vào đây.

Categories: